Lcda. Ròssula Martillo M. Ed.
Head of the English Department
(We are from Colegio Americano de Guayaquil – Ecuador. In the past, we used to work with you and would like to be connected again.
At school, I am the PTPI Club coordinator and would love to do activities connected to PTP International and participate as an active member)
Ecuador (/ˈɛkwədɔːr/ (listen) EK-wə-dor; Spanish pronunciation: [ekwaˈðoɾ] (listen); Quechua: Ikwayur; Shuar: Ecuador or Ekuatur), officially the Republic of Ecuador (Spanish: República del Ecuador, which literally translates as “Republic of the Equator”; Quechua: Ikwadur Ripuwlika; Shuar: Ekuatur Nunka), is a country in northwestern South America, bordered by Colombia on the north, Peru on the east and south, and the Pacific Ocean on the west. Ecuador also includes the Galápagos Islands in the Pacific, about 1,000 kilometers (621 mi) west of the mainland. The country’s capital and largest city is Quito.
Ecuador is a beautiful country with a diverse range of activities and attractions. Here are some great things to do in Ecuador:
Marvel at the wildlife of the Galápagos Islands, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ecuador
– Straddle the Equator in Quito, which is the capital city of Ecuador and is located on the equator line
– Go downhill mountain biking on Cotopaxi Volcano, which is one of the highest active volcanoes in the world
– Shop at Otavalo Market, which is one of the largest indigenous markets in South America
– Visit the Amazon Rainforest, which covers more than a third of Ecuador and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna
– Explore the colonial architecture of Cuenca, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Hike through the Andes Mountains, which offer stunning views and a chance to see traditional Andean villages
– Visit the historic center of Quito, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has many beautiful churches and museums
– Take a boat tour of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, which is another great place to see wildlife in Ecuador
– Relax on one of Ecuador’s many beautiful beaches, such as Montañita or Salinas
Ecuador has something for everyone, whether you’re interested in nature, culture, adventure, or relaxation.