Open Call for Scholarships – PTPI European Conference 2022 – Skopje, North Macedonia
People to People International Europe is opening a call for awarding scholarships to current PTPI members and PTPI Alumni aged 15-28 to attend the PTPI European Conference 2022 in Skopje, North Macedonia.
The PTPI European Conference is an excellent opportunity for PTPI youth to get in touch with PTPI members from all around the world and experience new cultures, countries and share common values of peace and understanding. Throughout the conference, PTPI youth will become part of an international family building new friendships or meeting old friends again.
You can read more of how the scholarship recipients experienced the last EU Conference in Plovdiv, Bulgaria with downloading this file.
The scholarships are designed for the youth to take part in promoting PTPI’s mission prior, during and post the European Conference. Scholarship recipients are expected to participate on the following events in the envisioned timeline:
|May 20- May 31 (Date to be confirmed)||Pre-departure orientation session (online via Zoom)|
|June 10||Finalize buying tickets/travel arrangements and for minor- secure Parental Permission forms|
|June 22-June 24||PTPI European Conference in Skopje, North Macedonia
Please note: You are expected to arrive June 21/during the day or in the evening
|September- December 2022||Implement activity in your home country/country of residence in one of the following areas:
· Humanitarian work/community service
After completing your participation at the European Conference you are expected to plan, lead and organize activity that will engage other youth in your local communities in one of the following areas of work: humanitarian work/community service, culture or education. Your activity can also combine these areas.
PTPI scholarship recipients are expected to organize the activity with the help of other chapter members, engage the local youth, promote the PTPI values at the local level and contribute to strengthening PTPI’s mission.
In case you are a PTPI Alumni you can consider offering online courses/trainings/educational opportunities to multiple chapters or offer mentoring support to young chapter members. You can also consider forming a chapter in your current country of residence.
Please note that the follow-up activities are entirely based on volunteering and you should fundraise in case you need additional resources (resources offered by the local youth centers, municipalities, and private companies are welcomed during your activities). It is expected that these are small-scale projects, yet they should make a local/regional impact and allow youth to exercise their leadership skills.
- Be a current PTPI member or PTPI Alumni aged 15-28 from any European country
- Have previous experience in chapter activities or implementing activities relevant to the PTPI’s mission
- Be able to perform a follow-up activity upon returning to your home country/country of residence in autumn 2022
- If you are a minor- have a signed parental permission form for participation at the Conference
- COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID test 24 hours prior travelling
What does the scholarship cover?
- Conference fees (please refer to the Inclusions section on the Conference web page to check what meals and activities are covered within the Conference fee)
- Accommodation in hostel/bed and breakfast (shared room with other scholarship recipients). Other meals are covered as part of your already covered conference fee
- Travel expenses (please do not buy your tickets before consulting with the PTPI Europe team. You will receive a maximum amount you can spend for your travel expenses depending of your place of departure)
What is not covered with the scholarship?
- Travel insurance
- Visa costs
- Meals not included in the Conference Inclusions
- Pocket money
- COVID test (in case you are not vaccinated)
You can apply for receiving a PTPI Scholarship on this link https://forms.gle/qRvk3aSaB5uvLyvk8 no later than April 20. Results from the selection will be announced by May 1.
In case you have any questions, please contact Angel Dimitrievski at email@example.com