PTPI Skopje will organise a number of educational activities from a PTPI Chapter Grant. We expect to have an active period in the upcoming months.
Here are some of the activities we will implement:
We plan to do the following events and activities:
– Workshops on human rights education with students from high schools
– Info sessions for Living Library public event
-Organising public event for Living Libraries where the skills acquired at the workshops will be demonstrated. The Living Library is a tool that seeks to challenge prejudice and discrimination. It works just like a normal library: visitors can browse the catalogue for the available titles, choose the book they want to read, and borrow it for a limited period of time. After reading, they return the book to the library and, if they want, borrow another. The only difference is that in the Living Library, books are people, and reading consists of a conversation.
Read more about Living Libraries here:
– Promoting the Living Library approach among youth workers who work in NGOs in Macedonia
– Organising educational summer trip for a group of socially disadvantaged youth from Macedonia (the trip will be at one of the biggest youth festivals in Macedonia where we will organise a full 3-day activity called the Human Rights Compass together with the youth)
– Social activities for young people in relation to the topic (movie nights, human rights treasure hunt and debate nights)
As you see, we have quite a lot to do. This was just to let you know what we are up to.