There are two parts to this item.
1. Where the World Economic Forum set the scene for what they envisage
2. We think about the concept of Reset for PTPI, at least in Europe and Africa
The Great Reset
“The Great Reset” will be the theme of a unique twin summit to be convened by the World Economic Forum in January 2021. In-person and virtual dialogues will address the need for a more fair, sustainable and resilient future, and a new social contract centred on human dignity, social justice and where societal progress does not fall behind economic development.
The PTPI perspective
You would be forgiven had you emerged from hibernation in a cosy cave, to discover that rioting against police behaviour and the COVID19 virus were the big issues. Our world was already changing in unimaginable ways because of climate, human rights and issues of inclusion. The past 10 years have given us folks at PTPI much to digest and address locally. It is true that we have a global mission supported by a program. A vision born and managed out of the US is of little interest to a grandmother in North Macedonia, a starving child in Mombasa or a gay person in Turkey.
Now more than ever, we need to translate our mission and vision into local relevance. The key pillars of education, humanitarian and culture are sufficiently broad to accommodate local needs. And, we are judged by our ability to respond through our Chapters to local needs. Peace through Understanding should be experienced at all levels of our community – from World HQ, through Regional/National HQ’s and down into the chapters at grass-roots.
The current menu of world problems provides an opportunity for every chapter to rise up and serve. The past weeks of confinement have provided an opportunity for us to reflect, gather our ideas and emerge ready to address local needs. What is going to be our Great Reset?
– how do we support each and every chapter in our region(s) so that they can grow?
– what does relevance mean in each of our unique situations?
– if we had a magic wand, what would be fixed first? If we know what that is, what steps can we take towards that dream?
– how do others find out about our reset?
– how does anyone know we are active locally so they can join us?
Whatever it is that needs to happen, it starts with us.
Please do reach out – let us not pass up this opportunity to emerge from confinement and return to the way things were.
The Great Reset
A once in a lifetime opportunity
Contact us to continue the conversation.